The National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and Boating Writers International (BWI) recently announced winners of the 2015 Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show Innovation Awards, presented during the annual Industry Breakfast at the Miami Beach Convention Center. This year’s program featured a record number of entries with 97 products — a 68-percent increase in entries compared to last year.
The 2015 Miami International Boat Show Innovation Award winners are:
- Alternate Drive Technology (pods, stern drives): Volvo Penta, Forward Drive
- Deck Equipment & Hardware: Taco Metals, Rub Rail Mounted LED Light
- Docking & Fendering Equipment: StormFender LLC, StormFender
- Mechanical & Electrical Systems: Yamaha Watercraft, Connext Helm Control System
- Inboard Engines: Indmar Products, ROUSH Charged Raptor
- Outboard Engines: BRP U.S. Inc., Evinrude E-TEC G2
- Consumer Safety Equipment: Simrad-Navico, Forward Scan
- Watersport Equipment: LilliPad Diving Boards, LilliPad Diving Board
- Consumer Electronics, Apps & Software: Navionics Inc., SonarCharts and SonarCharts Live
- Center Console & Walkaround Fishing Boats: Hydra-Sport, 53’ Suenos
- Cuddy Cabin and Bowrider Boats: Rec Boat Holdings/Four Winns, Horizon 440 Bow Cruiser
- Deck Boats: Boston Whaler, 320 Vantage
- Jet Boats: Chaparral Boats, Aerial Surf Platform
- Personal Watercrafts (PWCs): Yamaha Watercraft, Yamaha RiDE System
- Pontoon Boats: Apex Marine, Inc., Angler Quest
- Tow Boats: MasterCraft Boat Company, X23
- Environmental Award: Wake Worx LLC, Mussel Mast’R Aquatic Invasive Species Filter System
The Innovation Awards judging committee was comprised of BWI members who perform product testing throughout the year and have specific expertise in marine products and equipment. Innovation Awards recognize exceptionally innovative new consumer marine products.
More information is available at www.miamiboatshow.com/show-awards.